Masters in Education Leadership
Kanu o ka ‘Āina Learning ‘Ohana, in partnership with Chaminade University of Honolulu, announces a leadership professional development opportunity leading to a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership for Charter School Administrators. The program is focused on the acquisition of leadership skills in financial management, education law, managerial communications, personnel issues, effective decision-making, and group dynamics.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to demonstrate:
• knowledge of the impact of socio-economic, legal and cultural factors on schools, teachers, and students.
• knowledge of organizational life in schools and the organizational change process, and connections to the development of positive school cultures that promote learning and social development of students.
• ability to conduct systematic inquiries into programs and policies that are relevant, integral and essential to the success of children, schools and school leaders.
• knowledge and skills in managing personnel.
• understanding of the ethical, moral and caring dimensions of educational leadership.
ability to use informed scholarship to analyze and offer solutions for school policies and problems.
HAWAII CULTURAL AWARENESS The context of the courses and a significant part of the cohort work will include a Hawaiian cultural thread that demonstrates Education with Aloha. Education with Aloha balances culturally sensitive approaches to leadership with the latest in education theory and technology. Grounded in the wisdom of the ancestors, Education with Aloha strives for an atmosphere of care and congeniality permeating through the entire learning ‘ohana.
Cohort 4 will begin Oct 2019.
Applications will be accepted until March 16, 2019. The application is available HERE