How to Apply
Mahalo for your interest in the Kaho'iwai Teacher Certification Program
Before you apply, please ensure that you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree from a US accredited institution recognized by CHEA (or an international degree evaluated as comparable by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE).
- If not a graduate of a US High School or college, an IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) is required.
- Completion of State Praxis requirements (as required)
- Successful completion of interview and writing activities
- Min 2.5 GPA (Bachelor degree)
- Must be over 18-years of age and verify ID
- Must have access to a computer and internet that can use Coursesites and the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Must be able to attend in-residence programs each term
- Preference is given to those who express a desire to teach in Hawai'i or are employed in a Hawaiian Focused Charter School.
How to Apply:
Applications for the April 2020 cohort are now OPEN. Please complete the expression of interest and then be prepared for the following:
- A writing activity,
- official transcripts,
- other documents as requested (salary advice or pay slip)
If you submit an expression of interest at this time, your information will be added to our system, and you will receive a follow-up email with instructions for completing the application process.
Fill out and submit an expression of interest (Teacher Education) Click Here
Master's in Educational Leadership. This program is not a teacher certification program but is for educators wishing to seek advancement in school administrative positions.
Applications accepted until March 16, 2019. Program to begins October 2019!
If you need support or have questions, please contact Ikaika: Ikaikajp@kalo.org or Noe: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kanu o ka Aina Learning Ohana. 64-1043 Hi'iaka Street, Hālau Ho'olako. PO Box 6511. Kamuela, HI 96743. Phone: 808-887-1117 Fax: 808-887-0030